Saturday, August 19, 2017
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
This week is my "trial week" before I start work on the 14th. I'm working on making my morning exercise schedule work and establishing a new "nightly routine" that makes mornings easier. As my classroom is still under construction, I'm going to get some serious paperwork done today and tomorrow which should be good. I often wonder if everyone plans their days as much as I do!
Monday, August 14, 2017
Sunday, August 13, 2017
Last week was about...
- work and meetings and a disappointing e-mail saying that science teachers CANNOT go into their rooms until after the 16th.
- Lake Geneva which meant time with my mom and dad and husband and Sarah and Graham. It was wonderful!
- dinners and wine and snacks and walking.
- driving in the country and seeing farms and land how big the corn is in the fields in the midwest.
- a trip to Aurelio's where we shared a bottle of wine on the patio and a pizza after a long Saturday of golfing and driving and unpacking.
- hearing from Nick who is good, although there are many fires in the High Desert lately.
- a Sunday that was not a day of rest! We cleaned the house, trimmed and water all plants, swept the patio and garage, cleaned two fans, put away laundry, washed two cars, went to Costco and Binney's and then smoked ribs while watching golf.
- missing our Ava and family.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
I did a trial run this morning to see if I can go to 6 a.m. morning yoga and make it to work before 8 a.m. The answer is yes! I must, must, must be totally prepared but I am going to be able to do it two days a week which is a good thing. Mind, body and soul...
Monday was for a meeting with my science colleagues and yesterday, six plus hours was spent in my room cleaning shelves and cabinets and unpacking all of my boxes. (I was tired when I home!) Today is for a Team Leader Meeting, a few errands, a hair trim and then I'm done for the week. Tomorrow, we head out for a couple of "Graham and Sarah Days"! I like easing back into work; it makes it less stressful!
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Friday, August 4, 2017
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Results: I don't know, I guess I feel better.
Plan as I Move On: Run two mornings, weights one morning and hot yoga two early evening
Thoughts: I think this plan sounds a bit hard to attain when I return to work as that, in itself, is exhausting. Really, really exhausting, but this is me still working on doing things for my mind, body and soul so I'm going to give it a try. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
|ALL PHOTOS BELONG TO SHELLI KANE MATHIEU|
The Blue Pool
My question, "Did you jump into The Blue Pool?"
Nick's response, "I did jump!"
(Nick said he could feel his heart beating really fast as jumped from the edge of a tree into the 40 ft. pool of 35 degrees clear, blue water.)
My response, "Seriously craaaazzzzy, man! You are going to kill me yet!"
Nick's response, "LOL...I made it."
Really, you are telling me that you made it?
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
1. being more present.
2. practicing gratitude.
3. engaging in quality one-on-one time.
4. practicing meditation.
5. taking time to take it all in.
Monday, July 31, 2017
As this is my last "totally" free week of vacation, (I know, all feel so sorry for me!) I'm doing something fun each and every day. Yesterday, I wanted to go somewhere so Brian and I went to a Cougars game. We laughed that we left our home after 12:30 and saw the first pitch at 1:00...that is how close we live to the stadium. It was a sunny and warm afternoon for the baseball game and we really enjoyed the weather and game and some good, old fashion baseball food and beers. Today is for my very new hobby, yoga, well, it's a "hot yoga" day and then a trip to Caputo's for what I need to prep some healthy meals for the week. I love their fresh produce and since I've been on a zucchini noodle kick lately, I have to go there. I'm not sure what the rest of the week looks like but I'll be thinking about what I want to do tomorrow sometime today. Oh, to be so busy and I must say, I find it funny how I have no problem treating myself these day! I guess it's just that time in my life...
Enjoy our last day of July!
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Thursday, July 27, 2017
What are you doing this last weekend of July? I am going to an early morning yoga class Friday morning which will be followed by "home chores". Then, I'm heading to downtown Geneva to look for some "Team Gifts". The rest of the days will be devoted to enjoying some "husband time" which is always nice.
(Photo courtesy of Nick and do take a moment to look at the pretty fish!)
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
I don't usually take these "quizzes" but as I have time in the summer, I occasionally will . Well, this one, Which element are you? caught my eye and I thought the results were accurate.
I am water!
"Water best represents your personality. You have a deep sense of love and community that holds you strong through anything. Your attitude towards everyone is gentle and kind, and as a result, you often find yourself having an optimistic impact on people! You are compassionate towards others and always think responsibly. With an understanding and open mind, you are ready to take on the world with courage in your eyes!"
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Spiralize two zucchini and one yellow squash and wrapped the zoodles / noodles in paper towels.
- Heat good marinara sauce in a large sauce pan.
- Pound two chicken breasts.
- Crack one egg into a bowl and whip it until frothy.
- Mix Panko Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs and pepper into a bowl.
- Heat a sauce pan that was streamed with oil.
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Dipp the chicken in the egg mixture, then the crumb mixture, then back into the egg mixture and crumb mixture.
- Cook the chicken until done.
- Add marinara sauce to the top of each breast, then mozzarella cheese, chopped, fresh basil and cover the pan that was taken off of the burner.
- Add the zoodles to the hot marinara and tossed.
- Place the zoodles on a plate and top with the chicken breast.
This dish was both light and delicious as were the leftovers.
The secret: Use a really good marinara sauce as it truly makes a big difference.