Monday, November 20, 2017
As this Thanksgiving week begins, we begin the next step in our journey; radiation starts to day for my husband. I am so thankful for him and for all the love he shows me and his children and their significant others and his grandchildren. He is a good man and I want him to get through this with little side effects so we can move on. Wishing him strength today and always!
Friday, November 17, 2017
I'm happy Friday is here. Brian and I were making our weekend and Thanksgiving Day week plans last night which was fun. It looks like it is going to be our usual Saturday, which is fine with me. We're driving up to Wisconsin for lunch with my parents on Sunday and Monday is a killer for both of us. Brian starts radiation; the unknown is scary, and it is a 12 hour day for me; conferences are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. I just need to make it until noon at work on Tuesday before I get to enjoy a few days off. T.G.I.F. all!
(Photo courtesy of Matt! This was taken when mommy and Ava were reunited after the cruise. Look at the joy in both of their eyes! Precious!)
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Monday, November 13, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Whew! Another week of ups and downs, but we made it through. I think my husband and I are getting really good at dealing with his diagnosis and all that comes with it...sadness and worry and worry and worry and worry. It feels good that the starting tests are over and radiation will begin in ten days. Okay, that being said, yesterday at work I spend all of my free time getting things organized in my work world which needed to be done. The day field trip that we took two weeks ago consumed my time so now I get to move forward with less demanding tasks. Today is for teaching and updating my Student Data Log and then home to start the weekend.
Happy Friday, all!
Thursday, November 9, 2017
I have a family that I am thankful for and I have never even met this couple. When Nick moved to Oregon, he was instantly taken under the wings of two very beautiful, giving people. D.J. and Michelle are his friends and advisors and mentor. They are good people who have been there for Nick through thick or thin. Nick has often said that he does not know what he would do with out them. As the holiday are here and it is time to thank those that are important in our lives, I am sending these two special people a "thinking of / thank you" gift. It is my hope they will know how much I appreciate them and that my gesture brings a smile to their faces. (As this couple lives on a small ranch and raise chickens and love their dog and the wild and fishing (D.J. makes his own flies!) and all that nature offers, I thought that each would enjoy this little, metal cup. I just love it!!!)
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Another big day in our lives..Brian is getting his mapping done so he can start radiation. This is not a fun procedure by any mean, but he is being quite positive. It's not painful; it's just that one who is enduring it cannot be more vulnerable, I might say. Oh well, it is our hope that we will soon move on and get over this next curveball that life has thrown us.
Monday, November 6, 2017
These two were fishing steelheads on Saturday and Nick said the experience was amazing. They traveled about three hours out of Bend to fish an area of the Deschutes River that Nick said looked like nothing he has ever seen. (He said it looked like they were a 1000 miles away from where they live.) It proved to be a successful trip. Both of the guys caught a steelhead as about 30 rams watched them from afar. Nick was more than spent the next day; but we were able to talk to him a few times to hear about the amazing adventure which D.J. said might never be topped by the two of them. That is saying something, right?
Friday, November 3, 2017
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Tomorrow, Brian meets with his oncologist and we are going to make a plan for radiation. We are, once again, ready to get started and move on as waiting tends to be long and hard. Saturday is taking us to Champaign where we are going to attend a Lyle Lovett acoustic concert which we are both looking forward too! We love Lyle Lovett! (Do you know who Lyle Lovett is?) Last night, we confirmed our hotel and made our dinner reservations and everything is set. Sunday, we plan on taking a stroll on campus before we head back home to enjoy the rest of our weekend.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Friday, October 27, 2017
Happy Friday, friends. I have officially survived the week before our outdoor ed day in Lake Geneva. What that has entailed is organizing paperwork, groups, meds, chaperones and buses, ordering team tee shirts, sending out memos and collecting money and snacks for our Monday adventure that begins at 6:30 a.m. for me. In addition, I have been teaching, making lesson plans, attending meetings and finishing grading as the quarter ends today. Oh, and I've was waiting for results regarding Brian's latest bone and cat scan tests which added a bit of stress to the picture. (Clear, yeah!)
I'm thrilled today is here and once home this afternoon, I intend to do little this weekend so I am ready for my big day. (On a side note, my husband is really worried about me as the Monday is going to be long and cold and tiring. We'll see how I do. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can make it!
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Sunday, October 22, 2017
- an early start to my day which was my plan.
- green tea and no coffee as I am under the weather.
- some meal planning and fine tuning of the laundry.
- grading and grading and recording grades. (Not done yet, but all will be finished tomorrow which is a good thing.)
- texting/talking to two of my three. Where's Matt?
- making salmon cakes and sauteed spinach and pumpkin bread in the afternoon.
- meeting my husband for lunch in Geneva which is my favorite place ever as you know.
- prepping four days of lunch for me.
- knowing when to take my meds as after four hours; headache!
- starting a fire as it was more than damp.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
As alone as it was, it was good. Recap; if you will...
- I was up early Saturday morning due to "illness", but that got under control quickly due to the "over the counter" meds my husband bought me before he left to care for his mother.
- Talked to Nick who was sent home late Friday afternoon due to "dehydration". He was wobbly and could not cut a piece of wood ( I think he said he tried three or four times.). His boss, after the second time speaking to him, told him to go home as he said he was dehydrated. Nick said he had a headache all day and felt sick and was wobbly. Good he went home; bad he drove as he told me he got lost as he was disorientate. Getting use to "physical labor" is difficult.
- Cleaned and washed windows this morning which was one of my goals. (Sarah said to come and wash her's which was funny!) I did want to work on Level Two and Three, but that did not happen. Quite okay as when windows are shiney; everything else can be put on hold.
- Bought some healthy foods; sweet potatoes, ginger, green tea, avocados, zucchini pasta and cauliflower rice and spaghetti squash. I also treated myself to this mug that I loved.
- Did a bit of school work and actually read my new book. I seriously have not read a book in ages.
- Enjoy a conversation with my G which I always love, love, love. He is so excited that Halloween will soon be here as he is going to be a "Fireman".
Looking forward to my Sunday!
Friday, October 20, 2017
Mine is filled with "only me time" which is not what I really wanted, but it is what it is. Of course, I'll freshen up my living space both inside and out to relax my mind. I also have grading and I want to do a bit of shopping and meal planning as that has just not happened lately. I'm going to start my new book, too, and work on a blanket, enjoy the promised Saturday sun and get it a bit of good, old fashion "outdoor time."
Happy weekend, all!
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Brian spent the day at the hospital getting some testing done yesterday and I spent the day at school worrying. When we saw each other after five, I think I got more nervous which was just crazy. I found myself organizing the spice cabinet which is a sure sign that I am out of sorts and then cleaning the refrigerator and prepping vegetables. Brian was a bit off, too, as a day like that makes your mind do some dangerous thinking. Today is a new day and we are both moving on.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Monday, October 16, 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017
I saw this post on Facebook last night before dinner. Bam! Tickets are bought and we are going. This night is certain to be a "blast from the past"!
Ron Onesti What's Happening in St. Charles IL?
Follow · 18 hrs ·
JUST ANNOUNCED! TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17
50 years ago, Stephen Stills wrote a song about his girlfriend, the great Judy Collins, "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes". It became a huge debut hit for Crosby, Stills & Nash, and she became a folk music superstar. They will reunite on stage for a very special all-hits and more show at The Arcada next Tuesday (10/17) nite!
Tickets go on sale TODAY at noon! Call 630.962.7000 or www.oshows.com INCREDIBLE! Another Arcada exclusive!