Thursday, January 14, 2021

this house...


 I saw this house on a walk and had to stop to look at it. I was really taken by it and thought to myself, "What a beautiful home!" This is actually a "once home" as it's empty now, but it still has so much character.

 As I looked at it, I was saddened that it is being torn down and I wondered who once lived here? Was there a family here with a mom and dad and children? Did the family laugh and talk and enjoy meals inside the walls? Did the kids run up and down the stairs screaming and laughing? Did the parents sit in the living room at the end of a day with a glass of wine and just breathe? What is the history of this place?

There are not many homes like this where I live, but I found it simply charming when compared to some of the newer ones rebuilt on a lot like this one. This home seemed to lure me to it. It made me stop and stare at it for quite a long time. Maybe that means I will live in a similar home in the future. Who knows,  right?

Until later...





No comments:

Post a Comment