Wednesday, September 9, 2015

you can't miss with this one...

Okay, I know I always rave about my "latest and greatest new dinner tries" that were a success.  I know I tend to write that the dish was easy and flavorful and that it was loved by my guys. I know I do this often as I adore cooking and sharing amazing new finds that I just love, love, love.  Well,get ready, as I'm doing it again.  I found this dream one pot dish that you can serve to guests or make any day of the week in a flash and boy oh boy; is it deeeelicious.  I made the chicken on the grill and shredded it the night before which significantly cut the prep time. Also, I used two bags of gnocchi so I double the sauce and that turned out perfect. After putting everything together and baking the dish in the oven, you pull out this beautifully golden, brown creation which consists of mushrooms and spinach and chicken and gnocchi.  Each and every bite is warm and creamy and just plain wonderful.

This One Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken is extraordinarily delish! It's super easy for any weeknight dinner, yet tasty and impressive enough for serving friends on the weekend.
From: 
Recipe type: main
Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 TB salted butter
  • 2 TB all purpose flour
  • 1½ cups whole milk
  • 1 cup regular chicken broth
  • ¼ tsp nutmeg
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 oz thinly sliced mushrooms (white or baby bellas are good.)
  • 1 lb shredded rotisserie chicken
  • 1 (17.5) oz package fresh potato gnocchi (usually found in the dry pasta aisle; not frozen)
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425F with rack on upper middle position.
  2. In a deep/large and oven-proof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 3 minutes until a smooth roux is formed. Whisk in milk and chicken broth until incorporated. Simmer and whisk constantly until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg, garlic, and kosher salt/ground pepper to taste.
  3. Add shredded chicken, mushrooms, uncooked gnocchi, and spinach to the mixture. Stir gently until well coated through, 30 seconds. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top and bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly at around the edges and gnocchi is tender. If desired, broil 2-3 minutes to further brown the top.

Source:  Chew Out Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment