Tuesday, September 8, 2015

happy tuesday after labor day monday...


I hope you had a nice weekend. I...

  • started my early morning cleaning which was interrupted with a call from my husband who informed me he just had his first hole in one! What a treat for him and boy, was he excited.  We decided to continue the celebration (When he came home at 11:30, he already had four drinks!) with lunch and returned home for a needed nap.  
  • made a Roasted Cauliflower, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche with Quinoa Crust which was both easy and healthy.  The downfall was I dropped the pie dish as I was taking it out of the oven so it was not as pretty as it should have been.  
  • graded all of my papers and recorded all grades.  My work goal is to not get behind at all this year with grading as that makes grading more painful than it already is for a teacher.
  • went to see the H's and our little guy who had the croup this weekend; poor baby! He wanted nothing to do with us and seemed to be looking at Brian and me saying, "Hi guys, glad you're here, but I want my mommy. Don't bother picking me up or cuddling me or snuggling me as I will whine until you put me back in my mommys arms."  Graham was very funny.
  • enjoyed two dinners with Nick.  One was Crunchy Almond Baked Chicken which needed a bit more flavor but I like it.  I have never battered something with diced almonds before at that nut certainly adds both texture and crunch. The other, on Monday, was in honor of The Barefoot Countess whom I just love. I made her Mustard Marinated Flank Steak and Confetti Corn which is to die for and then our dinner was finished off with Trisha Yearwood's Grilled Pineapple basted with an apricot cinnamon butter glaze and served with vanilla ice cream.  I'm not a dessert lady but this was a hit with my guys.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment