Friday, May 9, 2014

it's all about balance...

I'm off today...I took my personal day to just enjoy a long weekend which started last night at the ChildrenUp Spring Gala.  It was a lovely event and I bought a gorgeous wooden bead necklace. Brian and I really enjoy being with Chris as Sarah was selling goods.  We don't have a chance to spend time with him often so it was dear as he is truly a sweet man.  Today is about cleaning and grocery shopping and stopping in Von Maur to get my mom a little gift to celebrate her tomorrow.  I am also in the mood to cook some tasty treat for dinner tonight.  After lunching in Lake Geneva at noon tomorrow, I'm going to buy some flowers and then just "chill".  On Mother's Day, I'm going for a mani/pedi as I will be alone:(  Brian is working and Nick will be sleeping so I'm planning on treating myself to some new summer pants and sandals and maybe lunch in Geneva. I think I've planned a lovely weekend for me...I just hope the sun will shine a bit to make it more cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment