Tuesday, April 2, 2019

thoughts on being routine oriented...


I think people crave discipline and there is evidence, data from research, that states the most successful people are "routine oriented" and all have a similar morning routine. Here is an article on this topic.
Before retiring, I had a Monday - Friday routine that I religiously followed; to the tee, almost to the minute most days. (I mean I woke up, worked out, blogged, did laundry and bills and prepped for dinner before leaving for work at the same time daily.)
When I walked out of Wredling, however, for the last time last June, (And this is something, I have never been back as of yet!) my daily rituals significantly changed. I still accomplish a lot in a week, but I just don't do things on certain days or at certain times and it has been different and guess what? Lately, I've moved back toward wanting a more regimented week and day and it looks like that might happen sooner rather than later. I just feel better when I have a time and day devoted to accomplishing daily things. I like knowing that I will wake at a certain time and complete my "to dos" at a certain time so I can then enjoy my free time. It just makes me feel more in control and I actually end up with more time to do the little things I love.
If you have thought of making some changes so you have more time for your passions, establishing a daily routine truly makes the world of difference. In addition, there is one simple thing that you can do to begin this change and that is Make Your Bed as soon as you get up. It's a little thing, but it makes a difference, "...it matters." Watch this amazing video to understand why and to get started on changing your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment