- Spiralize two zucchini and one yellow squash and wrapped the zoodles / noodles in paper towels.
- Heat good marinara sauce in a large sauce pan.
- Pound two chicken breasts.
- Crack one egg into a bowl and whip it until frothy.
- Mix Panko Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs and pepper into a bowl.
- Heat a sauce pan that was streamed with oil.
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Dipp the chicken in the egg mixture, then the crumb mixture, then back into the egg mixture and crumb mixture.
- Cook the chicken until done.
- Add marinara sauce to the top of each breast, then mozzarella cheese, chopped, fresh basil and cover the pan that was taken off of the burner.
- Add the zoodles to the hot marinara and tossed.
- Place the zoodles on a plate and top with the chicken breast.
This dish was both light and delicious as were the leftovers.
The secret: Use a really good marinara sauce as it truly makes a big difference.