Monday, September 26, 2016

butternut sausage lasagna...

This fall lasagna swaps pasta for butternut squash layered with a chicken sausage meat sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella. Simply wonderful, you won't miss the pasta!
Photo belongs to Skinneytaste.com

This fall dish was wonderful and I never missed the noodles. I must say it did take some time to prep, but I did it in stages which helped (I made the sauce first, then the cheese filling, then I cut the squash and began to assemble the dish) . The changes I made were I used Turkey Sausage and I double the sauce as I like my Italian dishes saucy. Also, I cooked it on our Traeger which gives all of our dishes just a bit more flavor which I love. Noodle-less Butternut-Sausage Lasagna, a great dish that makes you think your're eating lasagna but you're not in-taking any carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment