Friday, October 2, 2015

my mom...

Okay, no one in the world loves Halloween more than my mom. Since my brothers and sister and I were small, my mom celebrated Halloween big with homemade popcorn balls and taffy apples and baked goods.  She would spend hours making these treats.  I still remember looking at the candy thermometer clipped to the side of a pot, waiting for it to get to the right temperature so we could add the freshly, popped popcorn to it and begin forming the balls.

My mom would also show up at our home in Flossmoor when our kids were little, in costume, with a plan to scare the heck out of them.  It was crazy, this happened year after year after year and she was always successful! All of my kids still remember this and could share a "Halloween Grandma Moment"!

Well, here is that same lady today, at almost 84, sending a Halloween greeting to her Maddie in California. Apparently, these are new masks she purchased last year at Walmart. This is truly one of those "priceless" moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment