|This photo belongs to Rachael Ray|
I modified this Rachael Ray recipe and made a delicious turkey meatloaf the other night. Brian cooked it on the Traeger as we do to most of our dishes in the summer as it cooks like a convection oven, lucky me. I absolutely loved the dish, Brian said, "It's okay.", as you could really taste the herbs and vegetables.
- 1 package of ground turkey breast
- 1 onion; diced
- 1 carrot; diced
- 1 celery stalk; diced
- 1 garlic clove; diced
- 1 red pepper; diced
- 1 slice of bread
- Milk; enough to wet the bread
- 1 egg; beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary, thyme and sage; about 1-2 tablespoons of each
- Saute diced vegetables in olive oil until they are soft; cool.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and add the cooled vegetables.
- Form into a loaf.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven. (The time will vary based on the thickness of the loaf; Rachael suggests 1 hour.)