I'm going to try this over the next few days as it just looks warm and cozy and comforting. I think I'll serve the dish with steamed broccoli drizzled with fresh lemon juice and of course, mashed potatoes. Hopefully my guy will stop in as I think it is going to be a hit!
Prep Time:20 min Cook Time:20 min Total Time:40 min
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried Chives
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried, minced Onion
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1- (8 oz) can Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 packet Chicken Gravy mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Add in chicken, chives, onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll your crescent dough and press together two triangles to create one rectangle. Make sure you press together the perforations well so your filling wont ooze out. You should have 4 rectangles total.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of rectangle. Fold each corner over the center of filling. Press together to cover filling entirely. Shape into a ball. Repeat with all rectangles. Once all pillows are formed, dip each into the melted butter, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Shake off excess. Place each coated chicken pillow onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While chicken pillows are baking, make the chicken gravy. In a small saucepan, mix together the cream of chicken soup, gravy packet and water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and let simmer and thicken until ready to use.
- Pour gravy over each chicken pillow and serve!
- Yields: 4 - 6 servings
life in the lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/