Thursday, January 3, 2019

a new year; a new beginning...


Happy New Year, friends. I so hope your holidays were filled with family and smiles and lots and lots of smiles and love and joy.
My holidays were a bit bittersweet this year as one week after my last October Post, my dad entered the hospital and then, he died seven days later in hospice. In addition, we have had family members experiencing sadness and loss of hope and hard times so I have needed to prioritize. Life, for me lately,  has been about showing more love to others in need and reaching out to many. Life has been about doing for others before myself while maintain the holiday spirit which happened and was important and really; it was not difficult. Life, for me, has just been different these past months but during that time, I have been so supported by my amazing husband and children and their significant others and our grandchildren. I am fortunate and grateful.
As I began this New Year week, I decided to return to my "forever journal". I want to set some goals and reflect and journal again. I'm looking forward to this year, as always, as a new year means a clean slate, a fresh start, a new beginning and that, my friends is a good thing. Yes, it is as a new book is about to be written and that is always an amazing adventure.

2019 New Year's Resolutions

Increase vegetable and fruit intake.
Intentionally connect with family and friends.
Be adventurous once a month.
Decrease my weight by 15 pounds by December 31, 2019

Word of the Year
"Be Aware"

No comments:

Post a Comment