Monday, June 25, 2018

greetings from the pacific northwest...


Hello from Oregon! I cannot believe I have already been here for nine beautiful days. This was what I wanted to do for myself when I finished my teaching career; come to Bend for a month. I wanted to enjoy all that nature has to offer in the Pacific Northwest with Nick and that is just what I have been doing. Each day has been a glorious adventure. I've hiked, enjoyed breweries and wine bars, ate in a few great dining establishments (I've cooked six out of seven day, however, making Nick some  real homemade meals.), gone to lakes on the top of volcanoes to fish and kayak, visited many waterfalls and The Blue Pool. I've enjoy time alone and time daily with Nick which has been wonderful. I've tried to stay off of my phone and computer as I want enjoy what I am surrounded by each and every day; be more mindful and immerse myself in books. I guess I am working on eliminating chaos in my life, finding calm. That is what my trip is about; finding calm for me.










No comments:

Post a Comment