Monday, January 1, 2018

they're over...

Can you even believe it?  The holidays are officially over and let me just say, Brian and I had a amazing time over the past two months. (I find it somewhat funny to say this because as the holiday season began, the exact week, Brian started radiation and yet, that did not damper our spirits in any way. That was a good thing; a very good thing.) My guy and I spent our holiday time with our kids in intimate settings which is what we both like. Our celebrations were filled with wonderful food and laughter and joy. They were filled with excited eyes as our babies enjoyed each and every new experience. They were filled with smiles and hugs and stories. They were filled with completeness as Nick was home this past week and that was truly, truly special for us. It has been ten months since that has happened. Today, we are all moving on. Nick is now back in Oregon, most of us will return to work tomorrow and we will all begin to tackle the new year. Resolutions will be made, goals with be set and 2018 plans made. Today is the start of a new story and I'm ready to make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment