Friday, January 5, 2018

something to keep you warm...

stuffed cabbage casserole tomato soup
Photo belongs to Mama Loves Food

Who does not like soup when it is frigid outside? No one, no one! Yesterday, I made a pot of Stuffed Cabbage Soup and it was delicious. I made a few changes to the recipe:
 I used one pound of ground beef and one pound of ground pork  (I would change the pork portion to 1/2 of a pound.) to lower the fat content and added some spicy tomato juice to spice up the flavor and thin the soup out after the rice was added. I think next time, I would also add less rice as it soaked up a lot of liquid.
The soup had a beautiful, red color, was filled with texture and body and was very simple to make.  Warning! This recipe makes a lot of soup so be ready for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment