Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pumpkin Baked Ziti with Sage Sausage:
Photo belongs to Vodka and Biscuts

Last weekend was really productive for Brian and me. On Saturday, we literally worked and ran errands until after 4. I cleaned and Brian painted and we organized the garage. All summer furniture and pots were put away, wine and groceries and meat were bought and a simple dinner of grilled pork chops and broccoli was enjoyed. Sunday was for fall cooking. I made Baked Pumpkin Ziti with Sage Sausage and a peach cobbler. The pasta dish was really flavorful but a tad dry; either I baked it too long or it needed a bit more liquid to thin out the sauce. (If you like fall dishes, this is one to make.) Our afternoon was spent with Sarah and Graham, who is more than adorable as his personality is just blossoming and he is able to communicate. We played and laughed and talked and just plain enjoyed each other. After an early dinner, the "two buddies" headed home and I cleaned up and enjoyed part of the Cubs game before calling it a weekend. I love days like those...

No comments:

Post a Comment