Sunday, October 16, 2016

a special birthday...


Our family was able to get together to celebrate my husband and it was more than wonderful. I swear, Brian had a smile on his face the entire day which made my heart so full; he loves it when the eight (soon to be nine) of us are together. We enjoyed some delicious food; for appetizers I served Grape Meatballs and Roasted Tomato Tart, dinner included seasoned fillets, roasted asparagus and a skillet smashed potato casserole that was a real hit and dessert included a bunt cake brought by the H's from a local shop that I have wanted to try. The cake was delicious, moist and flavorful and enjoyed by all even though it slid off of the cardboard as I transported it to the table but due to the five second rule, it was served. I also made a Blackberry Skillet Cobbler that was both pretty and rustic. (Lately, I am loving skillet dishes as the presentation is great.) One thing that I loved about this dinner is that I cooked everything except the  meatballs on our Traeger which is another one of my passions lately; cooking on the grill just makes everything better. The afternoon was so fun as our home was filled with family and friends and talk and laughter.
Until our next celebration...

No comments:

Post a Comment