Thursday, July 7, 2016

10 acts of kindness for lucy...



I have experienced some sadness lately. One of my former team members had a baby with microcephaly due to severe brain malformation last week and this has had me thinking of her and her husband and her boys and sweet baby Eden both day and night. I woke up this morning to hear the news that an innocent black man who was fatally shot in Minnesota at a routine traffic stop and then my Sarah shared this story about Lucy; a baby who's mom is a friend of a friend. Lucy died last December of lissencepholy, a disease I have not even heard of before today and her family and friends are honoring her on her birthday this Sunday by doing 10 Acts of Kindness.
Occurrences like these always make me reflect on my own life and of course, I'm feeling grateful. I have much to be thankful for as the challenges I have experienced over the past few years have been doable. Because of this, I decided to not allow the anger and sadness I feel take over so I'm participating with my daughter in this initiative, 10 Acts of Kindness for Lucy  , to make a difference.
I actually started today, so did Lucy's family, after getting my coffee order at our local  Dunkin Donuts. I was just about to drive away when I called the employee back to the window and asked if I could pay the bill for the car behind me. Act of Kindness One: DONE! and it felt good.
As I strive to complete nine more by Sunday, I encourage you to join Sarah and me to honor and remember those whose lives have been changed forever by bring joy and smiles to our brothers and sisters.
As Mahatma Ghandi said, "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment