Chicken Fajita Cheeseburger via Iowa Girl Eats
- 1-1/3lbs ground chicken breast (I used a 1lb ground chicken breast & 1/3lb ground chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin + more for vegetables
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pepper and homemade seasoned salt (see notes for recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons neutral-tasting oil like almond, avocado, or vegetable, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 gluten-free buns
- For the guacamole:
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Add ingredients for guacamole in a bowl then mash until smooth. Place a piece of saran wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole then place in the refrigerator.
- Add chicken, butter, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, pepper, homemade seasoned salt (or regular salt,) in a large bowl then mix until just combined. Shape into 4 patties.
- Place a large skillet over heat that's just a touch above medium then spray with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray. Add patties then saute for 4 minutes a side, or until cooked through. Add cheese slices on top of burgers then place a lid on top of the skillet and allow cheese to melt. Remove cheeseburgers to a plate.
- Meanwhile heat 1 Tablespoon oil in another large skillet over medium-high/high heat. Add half the vegetables, season with homemade seasoned salt (or regular salt,) and a pinch of cumin then saute until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove to a plate then heat remaining Tablespoon oil in skillet and saute remaining vegetables, seasoning with homemade seasoned salt and cumin.
- Place cheeseburgers onto buns, top with guacamole and fajita vegetables, then serve.
- Click here for homemade seasoned salt recipe >
- To use an outdoor grill: spray one side of the patties with nonstick spray then grill for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, spraying top sides with nonstick spray before flipping. Sear fajita vegetables either in a skillet indoors, or in a grill basket.