Thursday, April 7, 2016

jack in the box...


I can remember when Jack in the Box opened in the town I grew up in; Chicago Heights. I was in high school and it was the talk of the town.  Everyone was so excited as this was the first take-out taco restaurant and everyone loved their tacos. They were greasy and cheesy and just plain tasty. Also a first that came with the restaurant opening was the ever popular now "drive through". There were no restaurants like that anywhere and we were quite amazed that we could pull up to a box behind the restaurant, place an order, pull up to a window on the side of the building, pay and drive away with our order. (What would people think of next?)

When Brian and I reached our destination in Tennessee last week, the first place we recognized was Jack in the Box. I was a bit "spiffier" looking, for lack of a better word, than the original one we remember but, at the same time, we shouted, "JACK IN THE BOX!"

Tell me why we didn't order a taco for old time sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment