|Photo belongs to Cooking Classy|
My team and some of our assistants like to have birthday luncheons to celebrate those momentous days and luncheons just break up a week, don't they? Anyway, one of the ladies suggested we have a Potato Bar today and my contribution is this Spicy Thai Peanut Noodle dish. I'm doubled the recipe and Brian and I tested it last night. Delicious and spicy and each bite is filled with different textures which I love. It took a bit of time to dice everything into the small strips, but it was well worth it as the dish is quite colorful.
Yield: About 4 - 5 servings
- 12 oz spaghetti (I used Barilla White Fiber)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into-2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Cook spaghetti according to directions listed on package. Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Toss with sauce then add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and peanuts and toss lightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Gourmet