Wednesday, October 21, 2015

let the truth be told...



It's time, my friends, to come clean.  I have not been following my New Year's Resolution to "practice wellness" daily.  Exercising 3/4 times per week has happened so inconsistently since August that I seriously wonder if I can resume this task.

Why, one might ask, did this happen to me? Well, it's the gym, it's the gym, it's the gym!  I do not enjoy going to the health club where I am inside a room exercising on a machine with a gigantic mirror in front of me and six televisions simultaneously on reporting news and house tips and sports and information about the latest "have to have" products.  It is just not an enjoyable experience.

What do I enjoy? I really love, love, love running and walking outdoors.  Last Sunday, I enjoyed a 2 plus mile run on a sunny, crisp day. It was invigorating and relaxing and just plain wonderful.  I loved each and every stride and when I returned home, I felt so good. (I just do not feel like that after a gym workout. I just don't.)

So what is the next step?  Well, this is what I am thinking.

Solution:  Get over it as I have no choice if I want to keep myself balanced.
Time frame: Practicing wellness will resume on Sunday.
Why:  Because I must.

Can I do this?  I think I can.  I think I can. I think I can.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment