|This photo belongs to Cooking Classy|
I make very few thai dishes and this one, that I made on Friday, was really delicious. The peanut sauce was amazing; creamy and spicy and a beautiful color and the overall dish was filled with flavor. I used rice noodles instead of pasta and also added diced chicken that I cooked after marinating it in a teriyaki sauce. For some reason, it took awhile to make this dish, but my guys literally raved about it as it was that good and they enjoyed the Asian Salad that I served with it (I bought the one in the bag in the produce department and added red peppers to it to complement the entree.) I am going to make this the next time we get together with our kids as it is a fun dinner.
Yield: About 4 - 5 servings
- 12 oz spaghetti (I used Barilla White Fiber)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into-2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Cook spaghetti according to directions listed on package. Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Toss with sauce then add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and peanuts and toss lightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Gourmet