After a very, very, long dry spell, I resumed working out today and it felt great. It always does and as predicted, I found myself wondering why I stopped in the first place. The weather was cold? I was more tired than usual this winter? I was simply not in the mood? Whatever the reason, I am going to keep it up as I did feel productive and what a coincident, I resumed my "health change" on the day the Chicago Marathon Lottery opens. It must be a sign!
Interested runners will be able to:
- Register with a guaranteed entry. Click here for more information on guaranteed entry opportunities.
- Enter the non-guaranteed entry lottery. Click here for more information on the lottery.
The fee for runners who qualify for a guaranteed entry or are selected through the lottery for the 2015 race will be $185 (USD) for U.S. residents or $210 (USD) for those residing outside of the U.S.
The 2015 Abbott Health & Fitness Expo will be held at McCormick Place on Friday, October 9 and Saturday, October 10. Runners are required to pick up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation.
Event entry requirements
- Participants must be 16 years or older on race day, October 11, to enter the 2015 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Participants 16-17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian complete the registration process permitting their participation.
- The 2015 Bank of America Chicago Marathon has a maximum net race day finish time of six hours and 30 minutes (6:30:59). The Marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo during the scheduled hours of operation.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the event rules