Wednesday, December 31, 2014

looking back...

As I look back on the 2014 year, I think about...
  • some very snowy and "cold to the bone" January winter days that closed our school multiple times.
  • celebrating our 34 anniversary in February, my favorite month, the month of love.
  • once again, enjoying a spring break at home after getting our home painted from top to bottom.
  • a special April as our Hannah turned 21.
  • a summer that included redoing some furniture finds and crocheting.  It was a summer of total relaxation for me; the first time in my life.
  • a July that included our dear Jen's wedding which was magical and then the  H's moving into their new home and Jenny and Matt booking their reception at Illinois State Beach in Zion.  Also, I can't forget the graduation of Nick from the Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice in Springfield and him starting his new job at the prison; his first "real job" which is something everyone always remembers.
  • the August announcement ... our Sarah and Chris are having a baby in March.
  • Jenny and Matt's "Save Our Date" cards that went out and they were so sweet.
  • the cancer diagnosis my husband was given in September and all of the sadness and worry that followed.
  • a 60th birthday for Brian which was not great as he still did not have his surgery, but he was surrounded by his wonderful kids which he loved.
  • a Thanksgiving spent home caring for my husband and soon discovering the cancer appeared to not have spread.
  • a lovely Christmas spent with our family that was filled with gratefulness and joy and excitement and anticipation.
2014 was quite a year and now, I'm ready to move on to 2015 with joy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment