|This photo belongs to Spicy Southern Kitchen|
I made this yesterday and it literally took minutes to prepare. Adding more crushed red pepper spiced it up a bit so it had the heat that we like. A creamy, delicious weekday meal on a fall Tuesday!
Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta via Spicy Southern Kitchen
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Add spaghetti sauce, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and mix together with sauce.