I hope you had a great weekend. I...
- got a text on Friday from Nick saying he was bringing home dinner for the two of us. We had giant Italian beef sandwiches with melted cheese and hot peppers from Beef Shack and fries. As we ate, we watched the first two episodes of The Walking Dead. Yikes.
- did some great detail cleaning on Saturday and was ready when my husband came home around noon. We put in a load of clothes then went out to Walmart for a few groceries.
- enjoyed some appetizers at The Nobel House, a drink with our dear friend, Bernie at Old Town and then a very early dinner at Mia Francesca. I had pumpkin gnocchi and it was so delicious...the sage always adds that little extra "somethin, somthin".
- put up our Christmas trees and indoor decorations on Sunday. As I know it is way too early, Brian has to work next weekend and then it's "go time". He won't be able to lift much or help me for awhile so we really had no choice. It's kinda nice that our home is cheery; we need that.
- made a delicious turkey breast on the Traeger. I put butter with herbs under the skin and oiled the surface so the skin would crisp and did it ever. Also served was a cheesy, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. The dinner was really good and just reeked, "It's the holidays!".
- watched multiple episodes of The Killing and yikes, that show is intense. We're almost finished with the series.