|This photo belongs to Damn Delicious|
Deeeevine is all I can say! I double the recipe so we would have enough for all of us and it was well worth it. This dish is delicious and low cal and healthy. Do make it sooner rather than later!
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion to the saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and ground turkey until well combined. Add rice and green onions and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking