Monday, April 14, 2014

happy monday...





I hope you had a nice weekend.  I...
  • mailed our income tax money in on Friday to avoid the rush.
  • was up early Saturday to clean and then go on a mega-shopping spree.  I did major grocery shopping and then headed out to Elburn to pick up some meat before stopping in Saveway for some spirits.  I then managed to cook a fillet minon dinner with sauteed mushrooms for Brian and Nick. I was really "on" and did not stop until I dropped!
  • waited for Sarah's call to hear about the Bridal Shower Melissa, Liz and her hosted for our dear, Jen.  The theme:  Monograms and Margaritas.  The shower was at a Mexican restaurant in Lincoln park and all were asked to bring a monogrammed gift. The girls made tissue flowers for the chairs and placemats and menues and floral arrangements and favors. I loved the idea.
  • tackled the garage on Sunday and was pleased with the purging of junk.  I still need Nick to go through a couple of crates that are filled with sport equipment and shoes, so many shoed that I think need to go.
  • made beef short ribs via Giada which I served over orecchiette. I love Italian dishes, they are so comforting.
  • watch the Masters and cheered for the young Jordan Spieth.  Can you believe a 20 year old was tied for the lead on Sunday?

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment