Wednesday, April 2, 2014

a lovely lunch...


I drove to Lake Geneva today to take my mom and dad to lunch.  My mom wanted to pick the restaurant and she chose a pizza place that has sandwiches and fried shrimp in baskets.  I've been there before and the food is good bar food, but this was not what I envisioned as I have not seen my parents "forever".  I suggested the restaurant in The Geneva Inn, a charming hotel right on the water with a full window view of the lake.  Both loved the suggestion but neither thought the restaurant would be opened because... I don't know why.  I think because that is what you think when you are 87 and 81.  That being said, I called and yes, the restaurant was opened so after my dad put on a sport coat, we drove the 1 mile together and just enjoyed a lovely afternoon.  As we looked out of the window at the beautiful view seated at our linen draped window table, we sipped wine and chatted and enjoyed the conversation and divine food; Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing, Duck Confit with Brussels Sprouts, Trout (in a butter sauce) with Green Beans Almondine, Chicken Alfredo, Creme Brulle and Coffee.  It was a perfect April afternoon and so enjoyed by my parents...special.

No comments:

Post a Comment