- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 orange
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from chipotle chiles)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (from 1 ear) fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 pieces (5 ounces each) skinless salmon fillet
DirectionsArrange oven rack 4 to 6 inches from broiler heat source. Preheat broiler on high. Line jelly-roll pan with foil. In 2-quart saucepan, prepare quinoa as label directs. Transfer to bowl.
Meanwhile, from orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice. In blender, puree chipotle, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, and orange juice.
To bowl with quinoa, stir in radishes, corn, cilantro, green onions, orange peel, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Arrange salmon on prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then brush generously on all sides with chile mixture. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until just opaque throughout. Serve salmon on quinoa pilaf.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories 365; Total Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 66mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 36g
NotesVariation: Use 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. chunks, instead of salmon; broil 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center (165 degrees F).