I decided to make Paula Deen's Barbecue Ribs yesterday and the dish was mmmm, mmmm good! Nick made the barbecue sauce, I browned the salted ribs and sauteed the onion and then into the oven they went. Wonderful and the ribs were served over Jasmine Rice and then sprinkled with fresh, diced dill. The side spring salad topped with crumbled blue cheese was a great, light addition to our Tuesday meal.
Barbecue Country Style Ribs via Paula Deen
- Cut 5 pounds of boneless Country Style Ribs into 2 inch chunks. Remove fat as you cut the meat.
- Heat oil in a slow cooker.
- Salt pork and brown all sides in the oil.
- Remove pork from pan after it is browned.
- Dice one onion and saute in pan.
- Add ribs back to pan.
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of prepared mustard
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- the juice of one lemon
- a dash of salt
- Pour mixture on top of ribs.
- Stir meat.
- Cover and cook in a 250 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Turn heat up to 300 degrees and cook for 2 more hours.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for 1 more hour.