Wednesday, March 13, 2013

getting around appears to be hard...


A conversation I had with Nick yesterday confirmed that getting around for him is rather difficult...

nick:  Hi, mom.
me:  How are you feeling?  Are you still in pain?
nick: My leg is better? Mom, I got a letter from St. Bernard's collection agency.  It said I owe $200.00 dollars and that I have a month from when the letter was sent to pay it.
me:  Nick, that's from your leg injury last spring.  Who is it from?
nick:  Let me get the letter.
(Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, and still waiting!)
nick:  Okay, it say, "........!"
me:  Bring it home on Saturday, Nick, and I'll pay it.
nick:  Can't I just pay it on-line.  The letter sounds threatening to me.
me:  Sure, I'll give you my card information. (Another Nick bill!)
nick: Wait a minute, I need to get a pen.
(Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, and still waiting!)
(Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, and still waiting!)

Anyway, it can't be more than 10 steps to get from Point A to Point B from anywhere in Nick's apartment.  Navigating on crutches is proving to be very time consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment