Friday, March 1, 2013

a nick update...


Brian and Nick arrived at the hospital at 8 a.m. yesterday and the day slowly took shape...
  • Check in went well.
  • Nick was taken down to meet with the anesthesiologist who told him this would be a difficult weekend, but on Monday, he needs to get back to work and his classes so he can graduate in May.
  • Brian met with the doctor who introduced himself and then proceeded to give him the details of the procedures.
  • I called multiple times as the updates were not adequate, in my opinion.
  • The surgery went well: screws are now holding the fibula together and a metal plate is now joining the tibia and fibula.
  • Brian and Nick were back in his room when a roommate was brought in.  No offence to anyone, they were described to me as "Arkansas crazies" and Nick told Brian that if I were there, I would have been afraid.
  • Nick told Brian he wanted to go home and the nurse quickly granted his request.
  • Brian got our guy back to his apartment and in bed with an elevated leg and the following conversation was reported to have taken place:
    • nick:  I'm glad you came, Dad. I really need you here. I guess you don't believe me anymore when I say, "I'm okay."
    • brian:  Nick, this is not my first rodeo.
    • nick:  Thanks, dad.
All is going well in Jonesboro as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment