Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Quick Pico de Gallo via Iowa Girl Eats
Ingredients (serves 5-6)
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (can use low-fat, or regular)
- 3/4 cup jarred salsa verde
- 12 white corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomato halves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine enchilada sauce, sour cream, and salsa verde in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add tortillas, chicken, and black beans, then mix to combine. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray, then pour the mixture inside. Top with cheese, then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- For the Pico de Gallo: Combine tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and the juice of half the lime into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine. Taste, then add the juice from the second lime half if desired.